Going into third level education is a life changing experience. It is something that deserves to be recorded in its own right. But there is increasing scientific evidence of the many positive benefits of keeping a journal. Writing a journal uses the left analytical part of your brain – allowing the intuitive and imaginative right side to relax and muse and come up with creative solutions to any problems you may be having. Other benefits include
- · Bringing clarity to your thoughts
- · Increase creativity
- · Increasing your understanding of yourself
- · Providing an outlet for difficult experiences such as sorrow, grief, anger
- · Give you a space to write, examine and resolve any arguments or disagreements you have had with friends, family, tutors, flat mates, etc.
- · A lasting record of your achievements, of the problems you have resolved and the goals you have achieved.
If you haven’t done so already, buy a journal today. Find a space every day to write, even if it is only a couple of lines. It will be a great help to you.
For more see the essay: